Back pain is a real pain in your back! You want relief now but would like to try some natural home remedies before resorting to prescription drugs, spinal injections and/or surgery. Here five natural pain remedies that can help relief your discomfort.
1. Try icing it: Applying an ice pack can reduce inflammation and soothe your pain. I keep a larger zip lock bag filled with crushed ice in the freezer. Fifteen to twenty minutes is usually all it takes to calm down my back. Here’s a tip when my back is really bad I alternate ice and heat try it.
2. Take a hot bath: Try soaking in a tub of hot water for 20 minutes or more. A warm bath can work wonders. Of course use ice first, but after 48 hours a warm bath or even a shower can help back muscles relax.
3. Buy a new mattress: If your mattress is more than ten years old a new mattress is a good investment.
If your budget is tight try putting a 3/4″ sheet of plywood under the mattress.
4. Try a massage: Local massage therapists may make house calls if you don’t feel able to visit one of them. Or you can ask a spouse or friend to gently knead your back muscles. There’s lots of info on line or go to your local library for a book on massage. Either way it will relax you and soothe those aching muscles.
5. Relax: Learn and practice a relaxation technique, such as meditation, or try a deep-breathing exercise, such as closing your eyes, breathing slowly and deeply, and counting backward from 100. A lot of pain back is the result of emotional tension and relaxation techniques can help.
Hopefully the above methods will bring you some relief. I have tried most of them and they do work. Of course they are not meant to replace professional help, but they are non-evasive, have no side effects and can be done for no or little cost. The next step is to explore other non evasive methods, One of the best is the Lose The Back Pain System by the Healthy Back Institute. This system has helped thousands. I only wish I had known about it earlier, I may not have needed surgery.
The Buck Stops Here! Find relief from your back pain. There are alternatives to suffering and surgery. Natural non-evasive methods that have help thousands cure their back pain. For more information visit http://www.achingbackblues.blogspot.com
Video Rating: 4 / 5